We LOVE decorating pumpkins for the Halloween season! This year, we decided to paint and glue our pumpkins rather than the traditional carving. These methods are much less messy (but we have to admit, the mess is half the fun of carving).
Materials you will need for the Adorable Owl Pumpkin:
- Baking Cups (we went with metallic cups to give him some flare)
- Colored Cardstock (for the eyes, beak, and feet)
- Glue (all we had was glue stick, but hot glue may work better)
Materials you will need for the Painted Skull and Painted Flower Pumpkins:
- Sharpie Pen (we found that it was best to draw the design on the pumpkin before painting. I mean we aren't Picasso over here)
- Acrylic Paint (this paint is perfect and will stay on all season)
- Paintbrushes (no explanation needed)
Decorating these pumpkins was super fun and super easy! While we chose to do just these three, there are so many other ideas we loved. Monograms, Spiderwebs, Thumbtacks, Glitter, Decoupage -- the possibilities are endless! So before Halloween has come and gone -- get crafty, get festive, get creative!
[B + K]