For me, the first day of September means the first day of fall. Sure, it is still 99 degrees in Dallas, but nothing can to stop me from getting my first pumpkin spice latte of the season.
Is there anything better than pumpkin pie spice? I don't think so. Once I saw that pumpkin pie spice was a main ingredient in this peach crisp recipe, I knew I couldn't help myself. I've done a few alterations to the original recipe: I've made it gluten-free, lower in sugar, and have portioned it out for 2 servings. This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled… Go crisp crazy!
This crisp makes your kitchen smell like fall and keeps your taste buds begging for more. But seriously, I’ve made it two days in a row (which is ok because I went to the gym yesterday, right?). So do your taste buds a favor and make this crisp ASAP.
PERFECT PEACH CRISP RECIPE
· 1 Peach – pitted and sliced
· 1 Tsp. all-purpose flour (I used GF all-purpose flour)
· ¼ Cup quick-cooking oats (I used GF quick-cooking oats)
· 2 Tsp. all-purpose flour (I used GF)
· ¼ Cup packed light brown sugar
· 1/8 Tsp. baking powder
· 1/8 Tsp. baking soda
· 1 ½ Tsp. pumpkin pie spice
· 2 Tbs. melted butter
· ½ Tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter baking dish (I used a large ramekin).
2. Mix peaches with flour and place in the baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix melted butter and vanilla extract with oat mixture until well combined. Crumble over peaches.
4. Bake for 35 minutes. Serve warm. And if you want to take it to the next level, top with vanilla ice cream.