2015 is in full swing! How have y'all been doing on your New Years Resolutions?! Every year, one of mine is to live a healthier, cleaner lifestyle -- which now doesn't seem like much of a resolution since I have already made the "healthy lifestyle change". But I do know how it goes with "I'll just have that one cookie" which may lead to 2 cookies, and before you know it, sugar has become hard to pass up and cravings are at a high!
Below, I am sharing some of my pantry essentials with you all to jump start your Healthy 2015 -- which unfortunately does not include packaged cookies.
I am obsessed with VEGA. One day, W and I went on a little trip to Whole Foods, where we were in search of a nutritional supplement because we know we can't get all of the nutrients we need solely from diet. It was our lucky day! There was a VEGA representative there who gave us free samples, coupons, and enough VEGA education to make us customers for life. The two top selling points for us: Gluten/Dairy/Soy Free and Plant-Based.
- VEGA Nutritional Shake - This is my go-to in all of my smoothies (but it also tastes great with water or almond milk). 1 scoop has 3 servings of greens, 6g of fiber, 1.5g of omega-3, 15g of protein, 1 billion probiotics, 2.7 cups of antioxidants.
- VEGA Sport Performance Protein - We actually just got this over Christmas, but so far we love it! Drink within 45 minutes after your workout - 25g of complete plant protein, perfect for your post-workout recovery.
- VEGA Sport Pre-Workout Energizer - This stuff is amazing! When you don't feel like you have the energy to workout, this product is your best friend. Take 20 minutes before your workout and be amazed.
- Coconut Oil - I can't live without it. Use for high-temperature cooking as it is more stable than olive-oil (olive-oil should only be consumed at room-temperature, e.g. salad dressings) and it allows your body to absorb the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals in what you are cooking. I could write an entire post on the benefits of Coconut Oil (I actually have the book The Coconut Oil Miracle on my bedside table, yes.. there is a book!).
- RAW Probiotics - A good probiotic is essential for your overall health! Garden of Life is an amazing brand that comes refrigerated. W and I actually both take the Men's version as they can be on the pricier side, but the Men's and Women's are pretty much the same.
- Vitamin B Complex Supplement - Vitamin B is essential for proper cell formation in the body. A B-complex supplement is great because it contains all 11 B's. I am naturally low in B12, so whichever supplement I choose, I make sure it has a high enough dose of B12.
- Ground Flaxseed - Flaxseed is packed with omega-3 essential fatty acids and dietary fiber. I put a tablespoon in my oats every morning or incorporate it into my smoothie.
- Aloe Vera Juice - Aloe Vera Juice helps detoxify the body and aid in the digestion process. I have taken it a couple times (and it is not known for it's good taste..) but I plan on incorporating it into my weekly diet regimen in 2015.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - A dose of Apple Cider Vinegar everyday helps to detoxify the body as well as balance your overall pH levels. This is another one I want to incorporate more regularly in 2015!