When it comes to hydrating after a tough Pure Barre class, my favorite go-to drink is a simple Berry Smoothie (I had just finished class when I took the picture above!). Packed with antioxidants, hydrating coconut water, electrolytes, and healthy fats -- this smoothie is great for your post-workout!
HYDRATING BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 1 cup Mixed Berries, Frozen
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Cream (I use the hard top of canned Coconut Milk)
- Optional - 5 Cherries, Frozen
Smoothies don't have to be complicated to be yummy! They are super versatile for whatever mood you are in. Want to add some protein? Incorporate a tablespoon of Almond Butter or your favorite post-workout protein powder. Want to sneak in some greens? Add a cup of spinach. Want your smoothie to have a creamier texture? Add a frozen banana or avocado. The possibilities are endless!
[K] CHANGES NOTICED
ENERGY LEVELS - Allergies are gone and I'm finally working up the energy to make it to Barre! FINALLY. I can't even explain to y'all how much better I feel after class. I can see it in all aspects of my life -- from home, to work, to my relationships. I have more energy to put into those aspects and find myself more motivated/productive! It is so important to take that time for yourself -- it makes you a better girlfriend, wife, friend, daughter, sister, co-worker!
QUALITY OF SLEEP - I have been keeping track of my quality of sleep and on the days I go to class, I sleep soundlessly.
- PHYSICAL CHANGES - Call me crazy or just call me a girl, but I felt SO flabby the week I couldn't go to class. One week back and I'm feeling fit again :)
- STRENGTH - Gosh those planks.. do they ever get any easier?! I have days when I can make it through the 90 seconds with no problems and others where it is a serious battle.
PURE BARRE | DALLAS - PRESTON HOLLOW
6025 Royal Lane, Suite 203
Dallas, TX 75230
We have partnered with Pure Barre Preston Hollow to bring you this recurring post.
Classes are c/o Pure Barre Preston Hollow. All opinions are our own.