Instead of just talking about this romper (which is one of my faves, by the way), I thought it would be fun to do a "10 Things You May Not Know About Me" post since I've never done one! I'm sure you've been able to figure out some of these things from my Instagram but hopefully one or two of these will be surprises! I'm an open book, so shoot me an email or comment if you want to know anything else about me! And as usual, all outfit details will be linked at the end of this blog post!
1. I am from Austin, Texas aka a native Austinite, which seems to be rare these days as the city has become so popular! Austin is my roots and is by far my favorite city. I absolutely want to move back there to raise my own family someday.
2. I went to school at SMU in Dallas and graduated with a BA in Advertising and a BBA in Marketing.
3. I work in the magazine industry. I interned my senior year at D Magazine, a local Dallas publication, and ended up working there full time after I graduated until I moved to San Francisco last August! I am now the marketing & events manager for San Francisco magazine, which is part of the Modern Luxury network.
4. I had a health scare in high school where I was in the ICU for about 2 weeks. I had a major blood clot between my clavical and first rib. I had complications resulting in getting one of my ribs removed after my angioplasty. I now have a small scar under my left arm pit which I am self conscious about in photos. I remember being super scared in the hospital thinking that I might die during one of my surgeries. I am so thankful that everything went (relatively) smoothly and try to remember how blessed I am to be on this earth every day as your days here are not promised.
5. Warren and I have been dating for 6.5 years! We met at SMU and started dating our sophomore year. The rest is history!
6. I started this blog with my friend and previous colleague, Kaitlynn, in September of 2014! The blog was originally called Margaritas + Missoni but we then rebranded the blog to THIS + THAT due to copyright issues. I've taken breaks from the blog when Kaitlynn stepped down and when I moved but it has been a fun journey and I truly love blogging!
7. I love my family and spending time with them. I have a younger brother, Shane and we are complete opposites. He is a cowboy boot wearing and Fort Worth living kind of guy. But regardless of our differences we are super close and I love him to pieces!
8. I am completely obsessed with golden retrievers. I follow too many golden accounts on Instagram to count. I would so have a golden puppy right now if (a) our apartment allowed for one and (b) if I had the time. I just work too many night and weekend events for my full time job that it wouldn't be fair to the puppy.
9. I love being out on the lake but I hate being in the water. Being in bodies of water where I can't see the end of my legs freaks me out! Major phobia.
10. I don't eat fish. I can't even bring myself to try it. It's totally a weird mental thing!
SHOP THE POST BELOW: