Raise your hand if you love yourself a good "staycation"! I know I sure do because sometimes with our busy schedules, it's just too tough to plan a vacation (and especially this year as we are saving up for our honeymoon!) Staycations are the perfect way to disconnect and relax like you are on vacation but out of the comfort of your own home or even at a hotel in your hometown! If you're planning a staycation this summer like me and Warren, I've rounded up my top essentials you need to soak up your staycation to the fullest extent below!
1. Pamper Yourself: Staycations are all about #treatyoself. For me, that's the ultimate way to relax (well couple that with a glass of wine which I'll get to later on in this post!) I love to use skincare lines that promote anti-aging like Bellame. I particularly love their Acqua Lumiere hydrating moisturizer and eye cream. Both feel soo amazing on your skin and promote softening fine lines #yesplease. FYI they are doing a special promo right now where you receive a FREE set of six ultra-luxe Bellame bamboo sourced washcloths with a purchase of The Acqua Lumiere Collection (Gift Valued at $22!)
Pampering yourself does not just mean skincare! In addition to investing in good skincare, I love treating myself to hair products as well. I have naturally dry, coarse, wavy hair so finding nourishing hair products is key for me! I recently discovered OMM and have really been loving their thickening hair mask and oil. Makes my hair feel so strong, soft, and healthy! If you're interested in trying their products, you can get 20% off with code SUMMER until September 15, 2018!
2. A good book: I'm a huge book nerd and try to read 1-2 books a month. I wish I could read more but sometimes my busy schedule just simply doesn't allow the time for it. That's why I really enjoy taking the time to read a good book on staycation, preferably poolside! What's next on my reading list? The new novel from Stephen McCauley, titled "My Ex Life." It's a modern look at love and friendship about two exes that reconnect. This book seems like the perfect easy summer read and I can't wait to dive in!
3. Wine, wine, and more wine! Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love wine! I mean honestly, is there anything better than having a glass of wine after a long stressful day? But an even better way to enjoy wine? Having a glass while relaxing stress free on your staycation! Have a glass while reading a book poolside, or with a bubble bath, or over a delicious dinner. For your next glass of wine, try Faustino I Grand Reserve! It's a delicious spanish wine, and is a blend of Tempranillo, Graciano, & Mazuelo; ages 26 months in French and American oak barrels & at least 3 years in the bottle. You'll definitely enjoy it if you love a good full bodied wine :)
4. A comfortable bra: There's honestly nothing more frustrating than a uncomfortable bra. And when you're lounging on your staycation you want to be as comfy possible because let's be honest, you'll be in athleisure wear or a swimsuit the majority of the time. The BALI comfort revolution bra is next level comfortable. It's beyond soft and provides superior shaping support. And brownie points: it also has Cool Comfort™ fabric that wicks moisture and helps keep you cool in the hot summertime weather!
5. Sun and skin protection: A staycation is not complete without doing something outdoors. You gotta soak up that sun, hun! Be sure to grab some Erin Face's sunscreen and mosquito repellent before grabbing your towel to sunbathe outside or go on an walk or hike. Their mosquito repellent is cruelty-free and deet-free and their sunscreen is mineral SPF based which I recently learned from my dermatologist is the best for your skin! Use code BABBLEBOX05 for 10% off your order through September 30, 2018.
Tell me, what are your staycation essentials?
THANK YOU TO BABBLEBOXX.COM FOR SPONSORING THIS POST.